Erected by Chance Brothers and first lit in July 1901, incorporating the old Port Adelaide Lighthouse (located at the entrance to the Port River), which it replaced.
Note: Accommodation for the lighthouse keepers (centre).
Height of the light, 22.5 Metres above high water, visibility 30 Kilometres.
Destroyed in November 1912, when the sailing ship ‘Dimsdale’ struck it, drowning the two keepers.
Wonga is the Aboriginal name meaning west or sunset.